Real Estate Controller
A small and stable real estate management company that owns and manages a portfolio of retail properties in the Chicago area is seeking a Controller to join their team. If you are in public accounting and are looking for a better work-life balance, this could be the ideal role for you!
Responsibilities for management company and shopping centers include:
- Preparation of annual and quarterly financial reporting to banks, including correspondence with inquiries from banks regarding the same.
- Monthly accounting for Management company and shopping centers. Record transactions between management company and shopping centers. Calculation of management fees.
- Preparation of annual budgets submitted to banks
- Monthly cash flow projections maintained and discussed with management
- Preparation of employee payroll and related payroll tax returns
- Preparation of annual Form 1099s
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Calculation of tenant lease commissions
- Preparation of fixed asset and amortization schedules, using CS Professional Suite software
- Review of all disbursements and related invoices
- Review billings to tenants, including common area expenses and real estate tax billings. Maintaining schedules/records regarding receipts of rent, CAM, real estate taxes, etc.
- Review of property rent rolls
- Preparation of annual reports for entities to Secretary of State
- Preparation of year-end workpapers and financial statements (Income tax basis) and tax workpapers for final review by an external CPA firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business with a major in accounting. CPA (active or inactive) a plus.
- Property management experience helpful.
- Extensive experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, and general accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, excel and word.
- Ability to multi-task and manage variance business scenarios
- Strong attention to detail, and the whole picture, and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks desktop or similar software
Full time, salaried, position. Includes Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Torrey & Gray specializes in placing accounting and finance professionals in industries including manufacturing and retail, financial services, Nonprofit and professional services. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. We are one of the top Chicago area recruiting firms for Controllers, CFO’s, Accounting and Finance Managers and other related positions.